- We are present in 40 countries, and we have 45 payroll providers
- In some of those countries we only have a handful of people. In others, we’re quite large!
- From our headquarters, we have no visibility into our payroll costs, head-counts or controls. Nothing!
- We aren’t sure what our payroll processes are. We aren’t sure we are compliant with local legislation. We have little governance, and processes are as far from standardized as can be.
- We have no idea how the payroll legislation works in theses countries, it all seems so extremely complicated when our teams try to explain it to us.
Sound familiar? I hear these statements, and more, every week from clients and potential clients here at STG. The good news is that you are not alone. These kind of questions are quite common. I’m not saying it’s good news that you have these issues, as they all need to be addressed. What I am saying is that you are not alone in thinking that the situation is daunting and needs some course correction.
There is a plethora of choices in the global payroll market place these days, and a wide diversity in how vendors deliver their services. You might be wondering what is the difference among them?
- Is it cost?
- Is it services
- Is it coverage?
The answer is: it depends on what you need for your organization. I’ve personally worked with many of the best companies in the world as an employee, a customer and as a partner, so I know this space. I built our practice here at STG based on the fundamental principle that clients need help with these decisions. You may not have to make a global payroll decision but once in a career. You may not know where to even begin! We do. We are experts on all of the providers in the marketplace. We know how to implement their solutions and most importantly, we know how to help your organization get through the entire ordeal.
Payroll isn’t exciting. No one wants to really deal with it. Everyone wants it to just work and they want it to be reasonably priced, accurate and not disrupt their business. Is that possible in the current market? You bet it is. In fact, there may be no better time than now to do this.